Cable Unlocking Phones Running Lollipop (5.0) or later
When unlocking some newer models such as S5s, Note 4’s or other models that may have been updated to Lollipop you may find that you encounter issues when trying to unlock by cable.
Specifically the program will instruct you to dial in *#0808# and select DM+MODEM+ADB then click OK but when you do so the same message appears instructing you to perform the same actions.
This is because Lollipop has extra protections in place to prevent you from accessing the modem.
In these cases you will need to perform the following actions
- Power off the phone and then hold the volume up, home and power keys at the same time until you feel the phone vibrate. (the phone will appear to start normally but will say “RECOVERY” in the top left corner in blue”
- You should now be presented with a menu. Check the bottom two entries. If they are regarding “CP Logging” then navigate with the volume down key select the option “Enable CP Logging” with the power key. If there are no CP logging options please jump to the next section of this guide below
- The phone will restart in normal mode again. Please reconnect to MPU and go through the process and you will notice this time that new drivers should install when on DM+MODEM+ADB mode, wait for these to finish and now when you click ok to the instruction box that appears the unlock will complete in seconds!
No CP Logging Options
If no options for CP Logging appeared in the recovery menu simply select the option to reboot the phone.
Once the phone has started you have a number of options:
- Go to “About Device” on the phones menu (in Settings) and select software update then update and allow the phone to update to the newest version of lollipop (this will require the phone be connected to the internet.
- Dial *#0808# and change the phone back to MTP+ADB and connect it to MPU again except this time select the Firmware Update option and allow the update finder to select the most recent firmware for your device
Again switch the phone back to MTP+ADB and
connect the phone whilst Samsung Kies 3 is open and use that programs tool to
update the software to the newest version
Once the software has updated please return to the initial point 1 in the guide above and when you get to the recovery menu you should now see that the options for CP Logging are present